Here is the structure of the steering committee that was set up in September 2017 (after a transitory period before):
- Chair: Volker Wulf (Universität Siegen, Germany)
- Chair elect (elected): Myriam Lewkowicz (Université de Technologie de Troyes, France)
- Treasurer (elected): Hilda Tellioglu (TU Wien, Austria)
Further steering comitee members (appointed by chairs):
- JCSCW liaison: Kjeld Schmidt (Copenhagen Business School, Denmark)
- ACM SIGCHI liaison: Norman Makoto Su (Indiana University Bloomington, USA), Pernille Björn (University of Copenhagen, Denmark)
- EU liaison: Boris de Ruyter (Philips Research, The Netherlands)
- Conference planning: Annika Wolff (Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland)
- Support for early career : Thomas Ludwig (Universität Siegen, Germany)
- Publications : Michael Koch (Universität der Bundeswehr München, Germany)
- Research Infrastructure : Volkmar Pipek (Universität Siegen, Germany)
- Summer school : Ina Wagner (TU Wien, Austria), Carla Simone (Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca, Italy), Maurizio Teli (Madeira Interactive Technologies Institute, Portugal)
- Community Development : Alan Chamberlain (University of Nottingham, UK), Antonio Piccinno (Università degli Studi di Bari Aldo Moro)
- Publicity and communication : Mateusz Dolata (University of Zurich, Switzerland)
- Awards: Michael Muller (IBM Research, USA)
- Competence Network: Giorgio de Michelis (Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca, Italy), Fabiano Pinatti (Universität Siegen, Germany)
- Election : Francois Charoy (INRIA, France)
- Liaison to the Social Computing Verein (by default): Volker Wulf (Universität Siegen, Germany)
- ECSCW liaison (by default): Last year and current general chairs (2019: Verena Fuchsberger, University of Salzburg, Austria; 2020: Claudia Müller, Gunnar Stevens, University of Siegen, Germany)
EUSSET officers will hold office for 3 years. Office holders can nominate themselves for a second term and be re-elected/re-appointed. Two consecutive terms is the limit.
Only EUSSET members (who have paid their fees) may volunteer, vote and hold elected offices.
The last election of chair-elect and treasurer was in Summer 2017 – so the next election will be in Spring/Summer 2020 – possibly results to be announced at ECSCW 2020.