Here is the structure of the steering committee that was set up in September 2017 (after a transitory period before):
- Chair (elected): Volker Wulf (Universität Siegen, Germany)
- Chair elect (elected); Myriam Lewkowicz (Université de Technologie de Troyes, France)
- Treasurer (elected): Hilda Tellioglu (TU Wien, Austria)
- JCSCW liaison (appointed): Kjeld Schmidt
- ACM liaison (appointed): Pernille Björn, Interacting with ACM about conferences schedule, events, publication politics…
- EU liaison (appointed): N. N., Lobbying
- Conference planning (appointed): Stephan Lukosch (TU Delft, The Netherlands), Launching calls for next editions of existing conferences and attracting conferences to come under the auspices, interacting with chairs of the running conferences
- Career management advisor (appointed): N. N., Defining actions to support junior members of EUSSET, being their contact point
- Publications chair (appointed): Michael Koch (Universität der Bundeswehr München, Germany), Running the Digital Library
- Research Infrastructure officer (appointed): Volkmar Pipek (Universität Siegen, Germany), Establishing and coordinating a research infrastructure council that is open to all interested EUSSET members. The goal is to establish platforms and tools that help researchers within the epistemological and topical focus of EUSSET to collect, manage and share research data and to coordinate research activities. The establishment and maintenance of good scientific practice and ethically and legally responsible behavior according to National and European legislative standards is an essential framing condition for these efforts.
- Summer school chair (appointed): Ina Wagner (TU Wien, Austria), Carla Simone (Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca, Italy), Maurizio Teli (Madeira Interactive Technologies Institute, Portugal), Sending call for next editions, interacting with annual chairs about status
- Publicity, community and communication chair (appointed): Alexander Richter (IT University Copenhagen, Denmark), Communicating about EUSSET on social networks (fb, twitter…), and being in charge of the web site. Community Building
- Awards chair (appointed): N. N., Collecting suggestions from the members, proposing evolution of the awards
- Election chair (appointed): N. N., Organizing the elections and the volunteering to the steering committee (schedule, voting system, announcements).
- Liaison to the Social Computing Verein (by default): Volker Wulf (Universität Siegen, Germany), Liaison with the legal body
EUSSET officers will hold office for 3 years. Office holders can nominate themselves for a second term and be re-elected/re-appointed. Two consecutive terms is the limit.
Only EUSSET members (who have paid their fees) may volunteer, vote and hold elected offices.
(The last election of chair (elect) and treasurer was in Summer 2017 – so the next election will be in Spring/Summer 2020 – possibly results to be announced at ECSCW 2020.)