Currently EUSSET is led by a transitory steering committee (until the structure is set up, membership applications are possible – and real elections can be performed – elections will be organized in Spring 2017):
- Chair: Volker Wulf (Universität Siegen, Germany)
- Chair elect: N.N.
- Treasurer: N. N.
- Publicity and Communication Chair: Alexander Richter (IT University Copenhagen, Denmark)
- Digital Library/Publication Chair: Michael Koch (Universität der Bundeswehr München, Germany)
- Conference (Planning) Chair: Stephan Lukosch (TU Delft, The Netherlands)
- Summer School Chair: Ina Wagner (TU Wien, Austria), Carla Simone (Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca, Italy), Maurizio Teli (Madeira Interactive Technologies Institute, Portugal)
- Elections Chair: Myriam Lewkowicz (Troyes University of Technology, France)
- Research Infrastructure Chair: Volkmar Pipek (University of Siegen, Germany)
- Young Faculty Support / Career Management Advisor: N.N.
- Awards Chair: N.N.
- ECSCW liason: Tone Bratsteig & Lui Ciolfi
- COOP liason/C&T liason: Myriam Lewkowicz
- ACM liason: Pernille Björn
- EUD liason: Boris de Ruyter & Antonio Piccinno
- JCSCW liason: Kjeld Schmidt
- Nordic/EuroCHI liason: Manfred Tscheligi
- EU Liaison/Lobbying: N. N.
Here is the structure that will be set up in September 2017
- Chair (elected)
- Chair elect (elected)
- Treasurer (elected)
- JCSCW liaison (appointed)
- ACM liaison (appointed): Interacting with ACM about conferences schedule, events, publication politics…
- EU liaison (appointed): Lobbying
- Conference planning (appointed): Launching calls for next editions of existing conferences and attracting conferences to come under the auspices, interacting with chairs of the running conferences
- Career management advisor (appointed): Defining actions to support junior members of EUSSET, being their contact point
- Publications chair (appointed): Running the Digital Library
- Research Infrastructure officer (appointed): Establishing and coordinating a research infrastructure council that is open to all interested EUSSET members. The goal is to establish platforms and tools that help researchers within the epistemological and topical focus of EUSSET to collect, manage and share research data and to coordinate research activities. The establishment and maintenance of good scientific practice and ethically and legally responsible behavior according to National and European legislative standards is an essential framing condition for these efforts.
- Summer school chair (appointed): Sending call for next editions, interacting with annual chairs about status
- Publicity, community and communication chair (appointed): Communicating about EUSSET on social networks (fb, twitter…), and being in charge of the web site. Community Building
- Awards chair (appointed): Collecting suggestions from the members, proposing evolution of the awards
- Election chair (appointed): Organizing the elections and the volunteering to the steering committee (schedule, voting system, announcements).
- Liaison to the Social Computing Verein (by default): Liaison with the legal body
EUSSET officers will hold office for 3 years. Office holders can nominate themselves for a second term and be re-elected/re-appointed. Two consecutive terms is the limit.
Voting for the upcoming election (for chair-elect and treasurer) is scheduled from the 10th of July to the 20th of August, 2017.
Winners will be announced on 1 September 2017 during ECSCW.
Candidates (for elected position) and volunteers (for appointed positions) may be nominated apply (it is ok to self-nominate!) from 15th of June to 8th of July, 2017 – via email to email@example.com.
Only EUSSET members (who have paid their fees) may volunteer, vote and hold elected offices.