Currently EUSSET is led by a transitory steering committee (until the structure is set up, membership applications are possible – and real elections can be performed – elections will be organized in Spring 2017):
- Chair: Volker Wulf (Universität Siegen, Germany)
- Chair elect: N.N.
- Treasurer: N. N.
- Publicity and Communication Chair: Alexander Richter (IT University Copenhagen, Denmark)
- Digital Library/Publication Chair: Michael Koch (Universität der Bundeswehr München, Germany)
- Conference (Planning) Chair: Stephan Lukosch (TU Delft, The Netherlands)
- Summer School Chair: Ina Wagner (TU Wien, Austria), Carla Simone (Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca, Italy)
- Elections Chair: Myriam Lewkowicz (Troyes University of Technology, France)
- Young Faculty Support / Career Management Advisor: N.N.
- Awards Chair: N.N.
- ECSCW liason: Tone Bratsteig & Lui Ciolfi
- COOP liason/C&T liason: Myriam Lewkowicz
- ACM liason: Pernille Björn
- EUD liason: Boris de Ruyter & Antonio Piccinno
- JCSCW liason: Kjeld Schmidt
- Nordic/EuroCHI liason: Manfred Tscheligi
- EU Liaison/Lobbying: N. N.
Here is the structure that will be set up in September 2017
- Chair (elected)
- Chair elect (elected)
- Treasurer (elected)
- JCSCW liaison (appointed)
- ACM liaison (appointed): Interacting with ACM about conferences schedule, events, publication politics…
- EU liaison (appointed): Lobbying
- Conference planning (appointed): Launching calls for next editions of existing conferences and attracting conferences to come under the auspices, interacting with chairs of the running conferences
- Career management advisor (appointed): Defining actions to support junior members of EUSSET, being their contact point
- Publications chair (appointed): Running the Digital Library
- Summer school chair (appointed): Sending call for next editions, interacting with annual chairs about status
- Publicity, community and communication chair (appointed): Communicating about EUSSET on social networks (fb, twitter…), and being in charge of the web site. Community Building
- Awards chair (appointed): Collecting suggestions from the members, proposing evolution of the awards
- Election chair (appointed): Organizing the elections and the volunteering to the steering committee (schedule, voting system, announcements).
- Chair of the Social Computing Verein (by default): Liaison with the legal body
- All office must be EUSSET members (appointed and elected)default
EUSSET officers will hold office for 3 years. Office holders can nominate themselves for a second term and be re-elected/re-appointed. Two consecutive terms is the limit.
Voting for the upcoming election (for chair-elect and treasurer) is scheduled from 1st of July to 15th of August, 2017.
Winners will be announced on 1 September 2017 during ECSCW.
Candidates (for elected position) and volunteers (for appointed positions) may be nominated apply (it is ok to self-nominate!) from 1st of April to 15th of June, 2017 – via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only EUSSET members (who have paid their fees) may volunteer, vote and hold elected offices.